International Student Qualification
You are considered to be an international student if you are NOT:
- an Australian citizen, or
- a New Zealand citizen, or
- a dual citizen of any country with Australia or New Zealand, or
- a permanent resident of Australia.
If you meet any of these criteria you are considered to be a domestic student.
You are an international student if you hold a permit for temporary entry to Australia. For example, if your status is: overseas student, permanent resident of New Zealand, diplomat, temporary resident holding a work permit, refugee, a dependent of any of the above, etc.
How to Apply
- Lodge a completed application form with certified copies of photographic identification, proof of residency status, and academic qualifications as evidence of meeting academic entry requirements with NAS Student Services by the due date. In addition to the certified evidence, the form must also include/be accompanied by:
- Evidence of meeting the English Proficiency requirement (if applicable) i.e English Proficiency Test Scores
- A Studio Proposal (500 -1,000 words). See below for Studio Project Proposal Guidelines.
- 12 examples of own works in digital format (PDF format only) on a USB, readable by both Mac and PC
- Provide 2 academic referees
Closing date for applications to study in 2017: 15 November 2016
The National Art School is registered under The Australian Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS) to provide courses to non-Australian citizens studying in Australia on student visas. The CRICOS Provider Code for NAS is 03197B. NAS award courses are internationally recognised qualifications.
For information on studying in Australia visit www.studyinaustralia.gov.au To get a glimpse into life on campus as a National Art School student, see Campus Life
For commencing and continuing international students please contact Student Services directly for enquiries regarding enrolment, program and COE administration.
How to apply