HSC Intensive Studio Practice
17–20 July and 8–12 October 2018
The NAS HSC Intensive Studio Practice is endorsed by NESA and has been offered by NAS to Year 11 Visual Arts students in all government and non-government high schools since 2000.
During the NAS HSC Intensive Studio Practice the student will:
- work within a specialised discipline using a broad range of media and art making processes
- refine their ability to interpret and evaluate their own and others’ artworks
- engage in sustained critical reflection and evaluation
- gain practical skills in preparing for, mounting and curating an exhibition
The NAS HSC Intensive Studio Practice is designed to enhance and extend students’ technical, conceptual and intellectual skills under the direction of experienced, practising artists, through intensive practical study in one of the following disciplines: black and white photography, ceramics, digital photography, life drawing*, painting, printmaking and sculpture*.
*In keeping with post-school degree course practice, drawing and sculpture classes classes will include undraped life models.
Course Modules and Dates
Module 1 (4 days): Tuesday 17 – Friday 20 July 2018
Module 2/3 (5 days): Monday 8 – Friday 12 October 2018
How to apply
- Download the application form HERE (It must be completed by both the student and their Visual Art teacher)
- Download the information sheet HERE
- Students must also submit four images of recent work
- The application deadline is Monday 16 April 2018
- Offers will be made to students in Term 2
Educational Outreach Coordinator
+61 2 9339 8751