Your lecturer will discuss all other materials in the first class; however for the first class bring the following:
- 2 sheets A2 drafting film
- 1 roll of masking tape ( 20 – 30 mil width)
- 2 graphite pencils B2 and B6 and / or charcoal
- 2 permanent black markers a fine point and thick point
- 5-10 small plastic containers with lids (takeaway containers are fine)
- Plastic gloves – disposable and / or thicker pair to re-use
- Screenprinting paste, small tub of 500ml, Lascaux brand from Art Scene at University of NSW Art and Design shop, Paddington campus, or Art Scene shop in West Ryde.
- Acrylic paints - buy only these brands: Chromacryl or Matisse.
- Basic colours – red, blue, yellow and white, one tube of each colour
- Additional colours may be purchased during the course, the teacher will advise.
- T-shirts, apron, bag, canvas or other material to print on can be purchased as class progresses.
Bring sketches, collages, photographs, prints or drawings to turn into ideas for screen prints. Collect them from any source but not bigger than A3 in size.
The teacher will advise you on the most suitable papers for printing, but no paper is needed for first class. The paper can be purchased on campus at Parker’s Fine Art Supplies.
Protective clothing and covered footwear essential